The supreme court on Monday suggested it may side with New Jersey in its effort to make sports gambling legal, a case that could make betting on football, basketball and other sports widely available.
The justices heard New Jersey’s challenge to a federal law that bars states from authorizing gambling in most professional and college sports. If the supreme court strikes down the law, giving sports betting the go-ahead, 32 states would likely make gambling on leagues such as the NFL and NBA legal within five years, according to a report by a California research firm.
The case pits New Jersey and other states against all four major US professional sports leagues, the NCAA and the federal government. The stakes are high. The American Gaming Association estimates that Americans illegally wager about $150bn on sports each year.
Welcome Package for New Customers*
- 300% First Deposit Bonus Up To £/€300
- 100% Second Deposit Bonus Up To £/€100
- 50% Third Deposit Bonus Up To £/€500
Total of 450% Bonuses: Maximum of £/€800
Free Spins to New Customers*
- Sign Up Free Spins 20 (no deposit)
- 100 Free Spins To 7Sins Slot (first deposit)
- 50 Free Spins to Book of Dead (second deposit)
- 50 Free Spins to Book of Dead (third deposit)
Total of 220 Free Spins (100 to Book of Dead)
*NOTE! In order to be eligible for the bonuses, you must use the invitation code: TMBONUS when you register your account to Multilotto.com, Multilotto.co.uk