Macau’s Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau has recorded the first annual gaming revenue growth in the region in three years.
The report will boost confidence in the gaming mecca on China’s south coast. Venues in the former Portuguese territory, including the high-profile Venetian Macau, have hosted performances by singers Rihanna and Justin Bieber.
The area has enjoyed an incredible transformation from a shabby city to the world’s premier gambling destination, overtaking Las Vegas in revenue terms in 2007 as the poker boom took hold in China.
However, the market has suffered since Beijing increased anti-corruption measures in 2014, putting off VIP players who became nervous about flaunting their cash.
December gaming revenues of 22.7 billion patacas (£2 billion), were up 14.5% from the same month in 2016. The full-year figure rose 19.5% to 265.7 billion patacas.
But revenues are still a way off the highs enjoyed before the 2014 crack-down.
Exclusive Offer to Our Readers!
Register to Multilotto.com and use bonus code: TMBONUS and you’ll get:
Welcome Package for New Customers*
- 300% First Deposit Bonus Up To £/€300 to Casino
- 100% First Deposit Bonus Up To £/€50 to Lotto
- 100% Second Deposit Bonus Up To £/€100 to Casino
- 50% Third Deposit Bonus Up To £/€500 to Casino
Total of 550% Bonuses: Maximum of £/€800
Free Spins to New Customers*
- Sign Up Free Spins 20 (no deposit)
- 100 Free Spins To 7 Sins Slot (first deposit)
- 50 Free Spins to Book of Dead (second deposit)
- 50 Free Spins to Book of Dead (third deposit)
Total of 220 Free Spins (20 no deposit, 100 to 7 Sins, 100 to Book of Dead)
*to be eligible to the bonuses, you need to use the invitation code while you register your account.